Our client, a themed entertainment organization focusing on interactive multimedia and art experiences, is looking for a Project Director to support their new exhibition build! In this role, you will be responsible for the exhibition project management in the delivery of a project being handled by an external design and fabrication team: you’ll direct and manage the design/build contractor and manage scope & contract development, cost estimates, schedules, strategies and work plans to align with achieving the delivery of the exhibition, while ensuring that creative intent is being carried out throughout all phases of development, manage and prepare scopes of work as necessary, review ongoing process with executive management, provide oversight throughout the project lifecycle, including document control for RFIs, change orders, and RFPs, and ensure that integration being undertaken by the design/build contractor, general contractor, architect & engineering firms, merchandise team, food & beverage team, technical team, operations and artistic installers is properly managed, among other tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to develop with an emerging leader in exhibitions!
You should have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Technical Theatre, Engineering, or a related field
- a minimum 10 years of experience within project management for themed entertainment, exhibitions, museums, or location based development projects, with proven operational knowledge of the themed entertainment/exhibitions industry
- the proven ability to read and interpret construction documents, including CAD and architectural drawings
- proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Primavera
- top notch communicative, collaborative, conflict resolution, and time management skills, with the ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities
This is a long term, on-site contract opportunity requiring extended relocation to the Santa Fe, NM area, with compensation between $125-145K, DOE. For consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.