Our client, a custom 3D prop fabrication and production company, is looking for an experienced 3D Designer/Fabricator to join their team! In this role, you’ll use your technical and creative expertise to assist in the production of a variety of artistic and sculptural endeavors: you’ll manage workflow from the concept phase through final fabrication, oversee the digital modeling process to ensure that creative intent is honored, participate in the production process, and serve as the point person for any troubleshooting needs. You’ll also serve as the primary liaison between the production team and clients, and translate client action items into project management tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to develop with a themed entertainment leader!
You should have:
- solid carpentry skills and the ability to easily read and generate diagrams and plans
- expert level knowledge of and experience with Rhino 3D, ZBrush, Maya, or a similar sub-D modeler, Powermill, Sketchup, the Adobe Creative Suite, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- proven CNC experience, with the aptitude to learn multi axis setups
- familiarity with DMFA engineering constraints
- knowledge of machine tool and base offset setups, use of caliper, dial gauges, and traditional indexing setups for multi part large scale fabrication
- experience with a Kuka Robot and basic knowledge of KRL programming language a plus!
- top notch communicative, collaborative, leadership, and project management skills
This is a full-time, on-site direct hire opportunity in the New Orleans, LA, area, with compensation around 50K and full benefits. For consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.