Our client, a themed entertainment collective focusing on interactive multimedia and art experiences, is looking for a Lighting Systems Designer to join their team! In this role, you’ll oversee all architectural and show lighting systems design for internal operational facilities, exhibitions, events, traveling exhibits/shows, and other special projects: you’ll draft all architectural/show lighting drawings; work closely with internal parties to ensure all lighting needs are accounted for, and liaise with contractors and site managers to oversee on-site hardware installation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the success of lighting systems. In this role, you’ll work hand-in-hand with the Electrical Systems Designer to design and review electrical and lighting systems for company wide projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join a groundbreaking creative organization!
You should have:
- a Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of related professional experience designing/drafting lighting systems plans for facility and exhibition show lighting for commercial construction [experience within theater, entertainment, or events a plus!]
- extensive knowledge of specification of lighting fixture types and theatrical effects
- expert level proficiency with AutoCAD and Vectorworks
- familiarity with NEC standards and guidelines
- experience with the Google Suite
- a solution driven attitude, with top notch communicative, collaborative, project management and time management skills
This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in the Santa Fe, New Mexico area, with compensation between 65-80K, DOE. For consideration, please submit your resume AND portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.