Our client, a leading experience and environment design firm, is looking for a Design Director experienced in zoos and aquariums to join their team! In this role, you’ll use your extensive animal exhibit design background to provide art direction for a diverse array of projects: you’ll contribute to all stages of projects from concept through design development, direct selection of all materials, colors, and project-related finishes, research ideas and materials for exhibits, recommend solutions for design problems, and ensure that projects remain on time and within budget. You’ll also serve as the primary liaison for the client and other internal and external teams, ensuring that the client’s brand voice and messaging, along with artistic intent, is honored through the creative process. This is an excellent opportunity with a leader in experience design!
You should have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Fine Art, or a related field, with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience [experience within zoos or aquariums highly preferred]
- knowledge of live animal exhibit design for both land and aquatic life, including cost estimating, live animal husbandry requirements, containment, enrichment, staff access, visitor viewing experience, acrylic viewing window design, and replicated habitat design and fabrication
- expert level proficiency with AutoCAD, SketchUp, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- experience designing multi-level architectural scale exhibits, including laying out exhibition floorplans and writing detailed technical specifications
- top notch communicative, collaborative, time management, project management, and leadership skills
This is an on-site, direct hire opportunity in the Columbus, OH, area, with compensation commensurate with experience. For consideration, please submit your resume and portfolio.